Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Soundcard for Macs

If you have a Macbook or any apple macs and you wan to have a 5.1 surround sound on it. I have the answer and its a cheap answer. I did alot of research coz i have 5.1 speaker at home and its not use since i dont use my pc anymore. So wat i did was.. i bought tis on ebay.. yes.. Ebay again. I think i have a habit of my fren John. Went to Mac shop in mv.. ask them about making my macbook to 5.1 speaker..ask till they walk here n there helping to find solution (which i already know) in their shops and they cant help at all and then cursing them stupid to myself. Tats John. LOL.


so it jus arrive while im PSP ing with someone in england.. hehehe.. have to stop the game after tat.


Its call the FireWave from Griffin. The look of the package is simple, so it doesnt look powderful.. but dont just judge the look of it.


No adapter needed.. it uses firewire as the energy source. and also it has another slot for the firewire for ur other firewire stuff.


One of the problem i have when researching tis soundcard is there are no picture of it from the back view. So let me show it here.


Here are the specs.
Audio Ports: 3 - 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo minijacks (Left/Right, Center/Subwoofer, Left Surround/Right Surround)
FireWire Ports: 2
Supported Audio Formats: Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II
Additional audio configurations are supported through Mac OS X's Audio MIDI Setup utility
Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz
Line-out voltage: 2Vpp
Size: 132mm (5.20”) wide x 77mm (2.83”) deep x 25mm (0.98”) tall

I personally think tis is the best solution for now.. for onli RM120 included shipping fee.. WORTH.. but u have to be in ebay everyday to hunt for cheap stuff.

No comments: